Edwin Gerace's Real Estate Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Real Estate is a People Business

Thirty years ago when a Realtor was encouraged to network, it had a single meaning. Now, a key component to the success of an agent is Internet networking. I spend a significant part of my day answering and/or writing email. We live in the exciting age of computers making our communication and networking faster and easier. My clients can take virtual tours of listings and narrow the search for a new home before we ever meet. A new vocabulary and/or definitions have been added to the dictionary. Face book, MySpace, twitter, and blog sound like a foreign language to my grandparents. The list of possible ways to find, contact and secure potential buyers and sellers is almost endless. I have to stay current on trends in Internet marketing.

As beneficial as the Internet is to the success of my business, nothing will take the place of a smile across a room, a pat on the back, a firm handshake when meeting a friend or former client. Sitting at a meal with a group is good for your well being but more often than not it will spark a thought of someone who is interested in buying or selling their home. Someone who needs real estate information to make an informed decision may want to talk with you without interruptions. They need to know you care. They may not have a computer. They need to know they have your undivided attention. I strive to let everyone know that I enjoy what I do and that I am good at it. It is easy for people to know I am sincere when we meet face to face. I was told years ago that real estate is a people business and that for me to be successful I needed to do 2 things. One, be seen. Secondly, Be Seen. I have build my business around those 2 things and there has been great success come from those thoughts.
Call Edwin today to talk or talk about real estate, 609-SOLD

Edwin Gerace
803-609-SOLD
www.609sold.com
www.EdwinGeracesRealestateBlog.com

1 comment:

New Ponggol Condos said...

It has been stated in the post here that real estate is peoples business. Good post

Edwin Gerace's Lexington SC Real Estate Blog

About Me

My photo
Lexington, SC, United States
Edwin Gerace is Realtor with Holiday Builders in Lexington South Carolina. Edwin specializes in New Construction and 1st Time Home Buyers. Edwin is very active in Lexington South Carolina and is knowledgeable about the surroundings. Edwin is very active in his profession and community such as: On active committees with the Columbia Home Builders, active and on committees with Lexington Chamber of Commerce, Town of Lexington Performing Arts Center, Green Building Council of HBA, LORADAC, State Association of Realtors on State and Local Level, and many other community oriented service groups.
Bookmark and Share

Lexington News

Edwin Gerace's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter